Ebay has a 4.7l kenne bell supercharger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Ebay has a 4.7l kenne bell supercharger

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Ebay has a 4.7l kenne bell supercharger

I know everyone ask about them, anyhow there is one on ebay now looks like it needs work. Bid $510+90lb shipping charge.

Kenne Bell Supercharger 4.7 Dodge or Jeep

Quote:
Came off a 2001 Dodge Dakota. Worked good on truck. Comes with everything in pictures. Needs bearing pulley as seen in picture & alternator spacer mount.(Not Shown). Supercharger was installed on a 4.7 liter jeep before my truck. Have wiring harness for both, but they have been cut and modified for each vehicle. Comes with 2 pulleys. Also have instructions for Dakota. Auction is for the supercharger only. Everything else is just parts. The supercharger weighs 60Lbs. and the parts weigh 50Lbs. It will be shipped in 2 seperate boxes. Sold as is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenne-Bell-S...211c0f&vxp=mtr

Unread 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

I'm sure the guy that said he was gonna buy one is not happy that you put this up it was probably this one. Haha
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
I'm sure the guy that said he was gonna buy one is not happy that you put this up it was probably this one. Haha
What guy said he was going to buy one? Either way I found it looking, I've seen them on there before and just happen to look today that's all, lol. Hope your not referring to butermilkpankes the guy that just bought Dakota headers for his 4.7l.
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES

What guy said he was going to buy one? Either way I found it looking, I've seen them on there before and just happen to look today that's all, lol. Hope your not referring to butermilkpankes the guy that just bought Dakota headers for his 4.7l.
I guess I was never mind nice Find!
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

See it sold for $1025, anyone here buy it?
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #6
Chapaev
1999 WJ 

Yes, I did! It will go to Moscow, Russia (the land of commies, bears and vodka) for my WJ '99. The problem is that I have to find a some replacement to an alternator spacer and as I suppose to a conical idler pulley. Now I'm studying the installation instruction - looks complicated but not impossible. The problems will come when I'll find that something is missing (like optimizer power relay). And the idler conical pulley and alternator mount still missing.

P.S.: I was looking for it on eBay for about a year.
Chapaev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #7
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

I look forward to reading your installation thread!

Удачи! or Udači! (one of my few Russian words!)
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
Chapaev
1999 WJ 

Спасибо! =) It will be a few months later because of package weight and size - it is over 100 lbs need to be transferred over the ocean. And after I'll collect all necessaryparts like replacement idler, new belt, intake seals (just in case) etc. I'll be appreciate if all of you will make other suggestions to this list.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
Chapaev
1999 WJ 

I missed that it is setup for Dakota so I have to figure out something with air filter housing.

Unread 06-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapaev View Post
Yes, I did! It will go to Moscow, Russia (the land of commies, bears and vodka) for my WJ '99. The problem is that I have to find a some replacement to an alternator spacer and as I suppose to a conical idler pulley. Now I'm studying the installation instruction - looks complicated but not impossible. The problems will come when I'll find that something is missing (like optimizer power relay). And the idler conical pulley and alternator mount still missing.

P.S.: I was looking for it on eBay for about a year.
Post or PM an email address and I will send you an installation manual (pdf) for the WJ. I don't know how much useful info you can get from photos of an already installed KB in a WJ, but you can see some in my gallery. I'm willing to try to answer questions about the install after you have had a chance to study the instructions.
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Cool! Are you going to have it rebuilt?
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Chapaev
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2001wj View Post
Post or PM an email address and I will send you an installation manual (pdf) for the WJ. I don't know how much useful info you can get from photos of an already installed KB in a WJ, but you can see some in my gallery. I'm willing to try to answer questions about the install after you have had a chance to study the instructions.
Thank you! I've got a manual here: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/zj/kennebell/complete.pdf. Do you have the same one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Cool! Are you going to have it rebuilt?
I want to test luck and try to run it as is (with new KB oil of course). As I understand it should be ok if there was no problems with oil supply or high rpm (>6000) usage. The seller have told me that it it's ok and doesn't have odd noise. The question how honest he is.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Thank you! I've got a manual here: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/zj/kennebell/complete.pdf. Do you have the same one?
That's the one I would have sent you. Although I had lost that link, I had previously downloaded a copy. It appears to be the same as the one that came with my kit, but I haven't compared every detail of the two manuals.
rm2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Well keep us posted when you install it
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #15
Chapaev
1999 WJ 

I've sent it over the ocean and now collecting the other pieces. Got a K-B cold air intake for WJ (because the Dakota setup lacks the filter housing). Waiting for a pulley, K-B supercharger oil, serpentine belt and 160-degree thermostat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.