Dual fans? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dual fans?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
JMZ101586
2004 WJ 

Dual fans?

My 4.7 only has a single electric fan. Is it possible to install the clutch fan with it? I read cars with the tow package had both and my water pump is threaded but it looks very narrow between it and the e-fan bracketing.

JMZ101586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
fast540
1999 WJ 

Yes
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
narnwv

2000 WJ 

your 4.7 does not have an electric fan at all!

From 2001 and up, all the v8s have a Hydraulic fan--powered by the power steering pump. It's the most efficient, effective cooling solution for these beasts.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

It is very close, but it does fit.

Sometimes they're hard to get into the shroud, I separate the fan from the clutch on the workbench, then pass each piece past the engine into the radiator shroud & reassemble them in place.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
JMZ101586
2004 WJ 

Wow didn't realize it ran off the ps pump. I'm a GM guy so I'm learning a lot. I've just read a lot about 4.7 overheating and thought it a worthwhile mod to have a clutch fan.
JMZ101586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.