Dual AZC AC Blend doors! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dual AZC AC Blend doors!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
p3vinny

Dual AZC AC Blend doors!

A couple months ago I replaced my mid case and recirc blend doors due to passenger side not heating, and codes 52, 54, 56 present on HVAC diagnostic. I pulled the dash and replaced them with Dorman OE replacement parts.

Everything seemed to work fine at the time, but now that it is summer and really hot I noticed that the passengers side does not seem to cool too well. I have tried auto calibrating several times, but doesn't change anything. I am getting diagnostic codes 20, 22, 24 (Recirc, Left, and Right Temp Door travel too large).

It seems like everything is working, just maybe not calibrated properly. When I increase or decrease temp on either side the air temp changes accordingly, except on the passengers side the temp is not as cool as it should be. The codes concern me, and if I hadn't just replaced the doors, I would suspect they had failed.

Anybody experience anything similar? Any advice/troubleshooting ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Phil

p3vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3vinny View Post
A couple months ago I replaced my mid case and recirc blend doors due to passenger side not heating, and codes 52, 54, 56 present on HVAC diagnostic. I pulled the dash and replaced them with Dorman OE replacement parts.

Everything seemed to work fine at the time, but now that it is summer and really hot I noticed that the passengers side does not seem to cool too well. I have tried auto calibrating several times, but doesn't change anything. I am getting diagnostic codes 20, 22, 24 (Recirc, Left, and Right Temp Door travel too large).

It seems like everything is working, just maybe not calibrated properly. When I increase or decrease temp on either side the air temp changes accordingly, except on the passengers side the temp is not as cool as it should be. The codes concern me, and if I hadn't just replaced the doors, I would suspect they had failed.

Anybody experience anything similar? Any advice/troubleshooting ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Phil
You might try just pulling your battery cable for about 15-20 minutes to let it reset the PCM. I had trouble with mine blowing hot air on the driver's side (had blend doors replaced a couple years before) and with the temperature as low as it would go. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes and it worked fine, but did it again the next week, so I pulled the cables and cleaned them real well. Hasn't happened since.

It sounds to me like maybe the door is getting caught on something, or the stop pin broke.
You can always cut the side out, through the glove box and take a look. There are several videos on YouTube that show you how to do this. Be VERY CAREFUL when cutting, as you could cut into your heater core and then it gets expensive. Make sure you only cut where they tell you to, if you decide to do it.
I hope your passenger actuator motor hasn't failed, because that can only be replaced by removing the dash.
Keep in mind, that when calibration is run and it fails, the side that fails will not move again until power is turned off and back on.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
p3vinny

Thanks for the reply. I've pulled the battery cable and re-calibrated several times.

This last one so far the codes haven't returned, but it's still not as cold as the driver's side. The door may be getting hung up on something like you suggested. I'm pretty sure the motor is working since I do get temperature variation based on selector knob position.

I guess I'm gonna be pulling the dash again to resolve it, but I'm gonna wait until after summer to tackle it again.

Thanks again!

Phil
p3vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.