Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

driveshaft issues 2000 WJ with 3" IRO lift

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SDMDM8 
#1 ·
First off hello all, this is my first post here. PLEASE bare with me as I have been building and wheeling IH Scouts for years and just recently aquired my WJ.

I did some research on previous threads on here regarding this topic but want to be clear. Sorry for beating a dead horse.

I have a bad joint (rezappa ?) At the TC end of my front drive shaft. I realize this is a common problem and the whole shaft should be upgraded to a CV at the TC and standard U joint at the axle correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen shafts from Rustys but don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I read that going with a 04 WJ drive shaft with the correct set up will work is this correct ? Aside from Yokes is there anything else needed?

Also at what lift height do u all recommend longer than stock drive shafts?

Sorry for the book, Thanks for your time

#4 ·
Go to the JY....

Look at a shaft from a donor vehicle....the number is on the picture below....

Ask @Kolak for the yokes ....see above...

Its all possible for a little money....:wink2:

And a tech tip ...check the ujoints before you install the shaft...

If one is bad , change them all...use SPICER for REPLACEMANT

Easy to handle at this point, and you are one step ahead....:smile2:

Attachments

#7 ·
Here are 2 more part numbers to look for 05019616AA
52853500AA
52853500AB. Just earlier numbers. 2001 to 2004 WJ
Front yoke on diff 05066444AA
247 transfer case yoke 05019514AA
These are all Mopar part numbers. A good parts store with a good interchange should be able to cross them over to aftermarket parts numbers

#9 ·
My Rig is a bit over 4" >:) Lift...

No worrys since the swap to a double-cardan shaft....

I think , the magic step is 6.5 " lift, because there is a big change in the angle of the shaft...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.