driver side dash speaker cuts in and out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > driver side dash speaker cuts in and out

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

driver side dash speaker cuts in and out

Happens while turning or hitting bumps. I've checked the speaker, amp, and stereo (stock RBN) connections and all seems good are there any others that I'm missing

Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27 View Post
Happens while turning or hitting bumps. I've checked the speaker, amp, and stereo (stock RBN) connections and all seems good are there any others that I'm missing
Might be inside the speaker, you may try swapping right to left and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
turrillas
2004 WJ 

try this

at park, turn the stereo on.

Bring all the way down the treble, and turn all the way up the bass.

find a hip hop station, or look for a song with lots of bass, turn the sound up. if the sound cuts off, than is the speaker has a broken wire from the bobine that is inside or the Outside wire that goes from the connector to the speaker is damage (Usually gets broken at the edfe of the speaker or the side of the connector terminals.

If the sound of the speaker does not cut off, than you might have a wire that is broken and making a false contact.
turrillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.