Doors lock, Hatch Lid Does not? Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Doors lock, Hatch Lid Does not? Help!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
paulcicero

Doors lock, Hatch Lid Does not? Help!

Strange thing happening. The doors all lock when I hit the remote, but the hatch/trunk lid does not lock. When I click the remote button, I hear the switch click in the hatch, but it does not lock. It shuts and if I try to open it, it opens, but does not lock. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

paulcicero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Are you talking about the entire door or just the glass? If its the door then the Lock actuator in the door is bad if it's just the glass the then there is a brooken link some were between the lock actuator and the glass latch.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27 View Post
Are you talking about the entire door or just the glass? If its the door then the Lock actuator in the door is bad if it's just the glass the then there is a brooken link some were between the lock actuator and the glass latch.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
There is also an electrical lock on the glass, at least on my '04 there was. Which ever one it is, I have available for sale from a part out Jeep. PM me if you are interested and let me know which one it is.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.