Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Door latch linkage

385 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Double E 
#1 ·
I recently replaced my passenger side window motor and while doing so accidentally unhooked one of the two linkages in the door frame. It is the one for opening the door from inside.

I have fished the rod into where it should go from different angles but cannot get it to engage and lock in. Does anyone have a pic or explanation on hooking the rod in to get more door working again?

#2 ·
Inner door handle plastic rod locks

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...ew&id=10&vid=2077fe031021d15535090d706d1a5cf1

Hope the link works. I found a Youtube video about the WJ door panel removal. Lacking any other source to show you at this time, about 8 min. 4 seconds into the video you get a glimpse of the yellow plastic locks that lock the door handle and door lock rods in.

Maybe one of yours fell off. Or it's just tired or worn out.

On reassemble you can't get the rods mixed up because they are different lengths. The inside manual door lock lever rod being the longest.

One of my yellow plastic rod locks, on the inner door handle rod, fell apart. So I got another from the junk yard to replace it.

All's well now.

#4 ·
You need to get the door panel almost completely against the door to get them to line up correctly. Fish your hand in there from the top and it will go in and let you swing the plastic connector to lock it in place.
If you got the lock rod connected already, undo it and try the door latch rod first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.