Door Handle Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door Handle Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
HookEm
2001 WJ 

Door Handle Question

I'm planning on painting the handles on my Laredo. Was thinking about taping them or removing them.

Question is: Has anybody every removed them or had them off of a WJ? If so, can the handles come apart into 2 pieces?
I also have the same question to the side view mirrors.

Thanks!

FS: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/various-things-wj-1626297/
HookEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
tjlmbklr
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm View Post
I'm planning on painting the handles on my Laredo. Was thinking about taping them or removing them.

Question is: Has anybody every removed them or had them off of a WJ? If so, can the handles come apart into 2 pieces?
I also have the same question to the side view mirrors.

Thanks!
I hope you get your answer. I have 2 handles that have chips in them that were touched up. Are the Laredos the black plastic or are they painted like the Limited's? My mirrors are black plastic with a bit of a texture to them.

If I got around to them I was going to sand/prep and mask off around it. But I am lazy and impatient, oh, and inexperienced too when it comes to body work. So what do I know.

I will be following this thread to see what others suggest.

Good luck!
tjlmbklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Been thinking of doing the same thing! Mine are all scratched and a little worn consistent with their age and I'm blacking out lots of trim so I wanted to hit the handles as well. Considered buying a black set off a Laredo but there's nothing wrong with mine mechanically. Not sure how well paint would hold up with the wear and tear they'll take. I'd definitely take them off to get good coverage. Never done it so not sure how difficult it is.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
KDog223
2001 WJ 

I had to remove and replace the handles when I replaced two doors. They come off fairly easy but I didn't try to separate the handle from the base once they were removed.
KDog223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.