Door cladding replacement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door cladding replacement?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Wj Door cladding replacement?

Does anyone know where you can purchase new Laredo door cladding and rocker panel covers? Oh and also those two smaller pieces next to the door cladding?

Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
cpratt247
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ
Does anyone know where you can purchase new Laredo door cladding and rocker panel covers? Oh and also those two smaller pieces next to the door cladding?
I don't think anyone makes them anymore...search the junk yards for a nice looking set.

However, if there are replacements that are currently being made...let me know!
cpratt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

Are they damaged, or faded and sun bleached?
doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ View Post
I've got a COMPLETE Laredo cladding set (I pulled mine [pristine condition] and put on Limited cladding). It is bumper to bumper and it IS pristine!

If you just want parts, I can get you some at the JY I frequent. They have about 4 WJs right now (one just came in and it is a 4.7 with tow package front end damage).

I'll make you a great deal on the set or the parts from the JY

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/built-not-bought/"]Built Not Bought # 736[/URL][/CENTER]

[color=red][B][CENTER]What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock[/CENTER][/B][/color]
lance-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek

I've got a COMPLETE Laredo cladding set (I pulled mine [pristine condition] and put on Limited cladding). It is bumper to bumper and it IS pristine!

If you just want parts, I can get you some at the JY I frequent. They have about 4 WJs right now (one just came in and it is a 4.7 with tow package front end damage).

How much would you want to ship it to ND??
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doityourselfMM
Are they damaged, or faded and sun bleached?
They are faded horribly but also have some major dings and scratches in them
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ View Post
How much would you want to ship it to ND??
I'll have to check the shipping costs, the pinch weld covers are a bit long so I can't speculate. I can check tomorrow and let you know. Can I get a zip code?

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/built-not-bought/"]Built Not Bought # 736[/URL][/CENTER]

[color=red][B][CENTER]What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock[/CENTER][/B][/color]
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
338WinMag
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post

do you have before and after pics of your cladding swap ?
338WinMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #9
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

I'll tell you what I've recently had success with.... That "as seen on TV" stuff "Wipe New" did a nice job on my faded & ashy cladding.

I cleaned it with a green Scotch Brite pad & hot soapy water (Dawn) first, then wiped it down with CRC brake parts cleaner (red can) and then applied it as per instructions.

It holds up well and looks as close to new as I care to have it. I just saw that stuff in Wal-Mart this week too.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
I'll tell you what I've recently had success with.... That "as seen on TV" stuff "Wipe New" did a nice job on my faded & ashy cladding.

I cleaned it with a green Scotch Brite pad & hot soapy water (Dawn) first, then wiped it down with CRC brake parts cleaner (red can) and then applied it as per instructions.

It holds up well and looks as close to new as I care to have it. I just saw that stuff in Wal-Mart this week too.
I noticed it at my local Wally World recently as well. How long have you had it on for?

At $20, it's a bit spendy, but if it lasts longer than the 6-8 months that Penetrol does, then I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

I did it in early March. It was one of ther first warm days we had but without direct sun.

I'll see if I can grab a pic this weekend but I don't think I have any before pics. Suffice to say that before...it looked like the side cladding of a 13 year old Laredo and you get the idea.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E

That'd work great if I didn't have so many dings, scratches, and dents in it
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

sorry, I was out of town for a couple of days. I'm back and I'll figure out shipping on it and let you know.

THanks,

Unread 06-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #14
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I replaced mine as mine were looking rather beat up. Got a set from the wreckers in good shape, and then painted them with krylon for plastics. It doesn't just sit on the plastic, but actually bonds to the plastic so it doesn't scratch off. (this won't work with painted plastic off of the limites of course as they're actually painted, so would need need prep work and be actually painted). Will keep it looking new for years. There are some really good professional wipe-on products available that can be used, but they are only temporary and have to be done on a regular basis. putting them on is easy. You will need a few rolls of good white foam tape. I only use the 3M stuff now. Anything else I've tried has been crap. Did mine last summer and still look great. Just have to paint the rocker ones as didn't have time to do them last fall.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.