Do you have LED tailight bulbs in stock assemblies? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Do you have LED tailight bulbs in stock assemblies?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Unread 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tips. I tried one set of bulbs I got for free from a local shop which were quickly returned as their output was half that of the regular style. Then I found some on eBay like the ones you guys recommended for reverse lights and they're great!

Reverse lights = White 3157 CREE Q5 12 SMD LED Car Turn Signal Light Lamp Bulb 7W 12-24V (link)
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #18
frosty68
2004 WJ 

Do you need load resistors for any of these lights and if so how and where do you put them?
frosty68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

just for turning signals. they effectively trick the computer into thinking the right amount of load is on the circuit. without them, your signals will flash really quick because the computer thinks something is wrong, because LEDs draw less power, and does this to alert you in the cab something is up with your flashers...in theory

i'll let someone else explain installing them, since I have not done so myself
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Resistors are easy to install with quick splices. Just splice the resistor to the power (major) and the turn (minor).

I put them on front for my switchbacks. But rear is the same.
image-3419348589.jpg  

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #21
carl78

I'm going to upgrade the brake lights with high power led lights from lightingnext. The lights look well-made and are direct drop-in replacements for my 3157's socket. Now what I'm unsure of, is which color to buy. It is my understanding that a red filter (the plastic tail lens in this case) will block out all light except red, but the manufacturer uses a poorly lit yellowish bulb to illuminate the tail lights from the factory. So my question is, if each of the red and white versions of this product produce the same output of light, which will produce better light through the filter, red or white Cree LEDs? I would imagine the ultra-bright white Cree LEDs that I've seen in action would do a fantastic job of illuminating my tail lights, but when I saw the red version it made me stop and think... what if the red would look brighter/better (more red)?
carl78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #22
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
Thanks for the tips. I tried one set of bulbs I got for free from a local shop which were quickly returned as their output was half that of the regular style. Then I found some on eBay like the ones you guys recommended for reverse lights and they're great!

Reverse lights = White 3157 CREE Q5 12 SMD LED Car Turn Signal Light Lamp Bulb 7W 12-24V (link)
Those look AWESOME! Thanks for the comparison photos.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.