Differential assembly swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Differential assembly swap

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
devinci

Differential assembly swap

I have a 2000 4.0L 242 TC, with a dana 30/35 and open diffs.

I found a front dana 30 and rear dana 44 both with vari-lok differentials at a local junkyard. I was planning on upgrading to a U joint style front DS anyways but would I have to make any modifications to how the front and rear drive shafts would attach to the transfer case?

If I took the drive shafts off the donor vehicle could I just swap them right in with the "new" differentials?

Thanks

devinci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.