Died today... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Died today...

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Thank you... I will trace wires backwards from fuse. We just had it towed home today ..... AGAIN !

jimbo141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #17
MiCrOz

I'd pick up a multimeter for cheap from radioshack to help look for the fault, makes things alot easier

Goodluck
MiCrOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

I think i found the problem. I had a remote starter installed and they soldered a wire to one of the fuel injector wires. I totally disconnected the remote unit installed new fuses and it started. I am gonna run it for a few days,hopefully this was my problem.
Unread 05-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvanit03ru View Post
Crankshaft position sensor? A common fail point, frequently without warning. Been there; done that..
happened to me, wasn't fun.
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #20
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Well, it wasn't the remote starter... I disconnected it and for about a week it was fine but now its still blowing fuel injector fuse. Does anybody know if problems with the coil pack would make the fuse blow?
Unread 05-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
TroyJollimore

That would have been the obvious culprit... The coilpack shouldn't come anywhere close to interfacing with the fuel injector electronics. Much too high a voltage involved... Perhaps you jostled something when you first disconnected the remote starter that has now fallen back into (out of?) place?
TroyJollimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #22
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Could there be a short in the ECM/PCM that can be tripping the fuel injector fuse? Whats really weird about it is after pushing it home (again) i put 2 new fuses and it blew both of them then on the third fuse it started right up and has been running for 2 days now. There is no reasoning behind this because its blowing fuses whenever it wants to.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #23
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

What i did so far is change coil pack,cam position sensor,crank position sensor,new spark plugs and put a new ground to the motor. Hopefully one of these things will fix the problem. Its my wifes vehicle and i can't afford for it to keep breaking down. lol
Unread 05-24-2010, 04:59 AM   #24
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Does anybody know if i was supposed to remove the little felt piece off the end of the crank position sensor? The reason i ask is because its been running good for a few days and all of a sudden it threw a P1391 code today. (Intermittent loss of CMP or CKP signal).
Unread 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #25
classicmetalman

Felt tip only there for proper spacing.If you used OEM(dealership)sensor, shouldn't matter. My OEM sensor came with round bolthole and not adjustable. Aftermarket sensors I noticed have oblong holes, where you would need it for proper spacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydajeep View Post
I say you should still hit something just to let it know you mean business, or shake a hammer at it in a menacing fashion
classicmetalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #26
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Ok thanks... So if i installed it all the way in it spaces itself ... b/c i had the oblong slots for bolt? What the h*** triggered the p1391 code now? The sensor that i took out had a tiny piece of the felt left on it. It looked like it pulled or ripped off.
Unread 05-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #27
classicmetalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo141 View Post
So if i installed it all the way in it spaces itself ... b/c i had the oblong slots for bolt?
Hate to say it, but inserting it without the spacer AND the oblong bolthole might of damaged it. Spacer needed more with oblong bolthole, it sets the proper depth of sensor. Spacer is designed to come off when the engine started for 1st time after install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydajeep View Post
I say you should still hit something just to let it know you mean business, or shake a hammer at it in a menacing fashion
classicmetalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #28
jimbo141
2004 WJ 

Ok thanks. I left the spacer on and pushed it all the way in when i installed it and then tightened it up. Maybe the spacer came off and interupted the circuit for a second or two. I will clear the code (P1391) and run it for a few days to see what happens.
Unread 05-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #29
ShelbyVNT
2003 WJ 

Crank or Cam position sensor and both will throw a code. My old intrepid did the Cam sensor on me It ran PERFECT and we parked it for the night, it would not and I mean WOULD NOT start the next day. So for sure run the scanner on it it will almost certainly give a code for whatever happened but I'd say it's probably a sensor.

****EDIT****** HA HA OOOPS Clearly this one is pretty much solved.. way to go me..
ShelbyVNT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.