Dead spot/ Hesitation when accelerating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dead spot/ Hesitation when accelerating

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Dead spot/ Hesitation when accelerating

Hello everyone, my wife's 1999 Grand Cherokee is acting up again. When she accelerates, the engine has a hesitation but not all the time. NO TROUBLE CODES. She has the 4.7 and it has 190,000 miles on it. I have replaced the catalytic converter, starter, plugs, battery cables, air filter, IAC, TPS, fuel filter and cleaned the throttle body. Can anyone please help? Thanks

heitzman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Can anyone please help?
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
accelr8
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I would start with plugs and a throttle body cleaning, then check the TPS and the CPS. Looks like you tried all those things except for the CPS, might be worth looking at. With my '02 Laredo 4.0, a faulty CPS resulted in random hesitation especially when idling at a red light and sometimes the engine would die, but it didn't happen frequently and it didn't throw a code either. Not sure if a faulty CPS on a 4.7 would act the same but it's worth a shot given all the work you've done so far. I think the CPS is easy on the 4.7 anyway, just unbolt the starter to get to it from underneath. Good luck.
accelr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
heitzman
2002 WJ 

Problem found. MAP sensor was the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.