Dead battery: DRB3 cannot talk with modules - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dead battery: DRB3 cannot talk with modules

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 07-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
facethewolf
2000 WJ 

Dead battery: DRB3 cannot talk with modules

I LOST my only key. Of course Jeep dealership tells me it will cost $120 plus towing cost to replace it. Money is tight, so the Jeep sits in front of my house for 3 months. The battery Dies. I FINALLY get enough money to do it. And the dealership cannot get their DRB3 scanner to talk to the computer. According to them, it's like the module isn't even there. And now they want $100 extra to do the diagnostic. It was running perfectly before the lost key and dead battery. If it's a bad module, is there a way to bypass the extra security of the SKIM? I don't think anyone cares about stealing a 10-year old Jeep.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely, Sean

facethewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
nlynd1978
2001 WJ 

Did you replace the Battery?

Did you check all fuses?

Did you check connections on the PCM, BCM, SKIS?

I believe you can bypass the skis, I think i read you ground a wire and it disables the system. However im not sure what all it affects. you can check WJJEEPS.com for more info on it.

Looking for help- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/completely-turns-off-while-driving-no-codes-1049268/
nlynd1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I don't think you will find anything on wjjeeps, or any other site like that, which tell you how to defeat a security system. No matter how innocent the reason might sound, I would definitely get upset at anyone supplying such information on the internet.
Unread 07-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

The jeep needs a good battery for any diagnostic to connect.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
facethewolf
2000 WJ 

So I probably need to let the battery charge longer.

Thanks. If that's the problem, I'm surprised if the dealers didn't think of that, or if they're just trying to be jerks.
Anyways, I'll definately go over there and try it.
Thank you, Sean
Unread 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

The diagnostic tool depends upon the vehicle to power the computer and obd port.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
facethewolf
2000 WJ 

Thank You. First thing Monday, I go over to the dealership where my Jeep is stranded and try to recharge the battery--or get a new one.

Tags
dead battery , skim

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.