For a DD Jeep that will see no offroad, 2" BB or Coils? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > For a DD Jeep that will see no offroad, 2" BB or Coils?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
j-rod17
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7guy View Post
If you want it to stand out for looks, pick up a set of JK Rubicon wheels and tires.

You can clear them bone stock with minor trimming (that's what I did) or with zero trimming on even a small lift.

This is sitting on stock slightly saggy suspension. Do what works for you, I think the JK wheels and MTs really set it apart.

If you won't be wheeling/flexing, then clearing the bigger tires should not be much of an issue for you.
This is how I would like my WJ to stand out. I have access to cheap JK wheels. (too bad I sold mine long ago) but do not want to "trim" much if anything on this WJ. I am trying to fix it back to real nice shape for myself or my wife to DD or maybe flip this ride.

What is your suspension setup and/or trim areas? pics?

j-rod17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod17 View Post
This is how I would like my WJ to stand out. I have access to cheap JK wheels. (too bad I sold mine long ago) but do not want to "trim" much if anything on this WJ. I am trying to fix it back to real nice shape for myself or my wife to DD or maybe flip this ride.

What is your suspension setup and/or trim areas? pics?
Obviously YMMV, so proceed with caution.

Here's the thread I made when I first did it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-lift-1257323/

You won't want to flex a ton, or tow, or even put anything really heavy in the back...like 2 fat passengers, because it will compress the suspension and rub the plastic. You can trim your way out of that, do a spacer lift, or something else that suits you better.

It's definitely not a perfect solution, but I can say without any hesitation or exaggeration, that I bolted up the JK Rubicon rims and tires with nearly 100% tread, and drove it out the garage trimming only what you see in this picture.

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
j-rod17
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im considering a 2" BB.

This WJ WILL NOT be off road. LOL. I just want the looks

Thats what my JK is for.
j-rod17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
KDR83

I talked to Kolak and for my needs he recommended 2" BB. So I ordered 2" BB, new spring isolators and Bilstein shocks. Can't wait to get it installed, my 31x10.5r15 on soft 8s have already shipped too
KDR83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
leadsled jeep
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR83
I talked to Kolak and for my needs he recommended 2" BB. So I ordered 2" BB, new spring isolators and Bilstein shocks. Can't wait to get it installed, my 31x10.5r15 on soft 8s have already shipped too
Not a bad way to start. You may find the bathtub effect Richard mentioned bothers you. Watch cornering quickly. My FIL's uses 2" BB and Bilsteins, I use Bilsteins and 2.5" stiff springs. I have to watch my drivi g when I use his.

But, you can swap to good stiff Kolak springs later if you choose.
'02 Overland 130k+ miles. 245-70-17 GG AT2's. BDS 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's, JKS QDs. Addco Swaybars F/R. Stillen Front Rotors/ Pads. TRE's, BJ's, wheel bearings. 100% Amsoil. I like my rifles like my coffee, hot, black and continually refilled.
leadsled jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

i had 2 inch bbs on my grand for about a year now and just changed to coils, the bb didnt change the ride quality at all.
ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
KDR83

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled jeep View Post
Not a bad way to start. You may find the bathtub effect Richard mentioned bothers you. Watch cornering quickly. My FIL's uses 2" BB and Bilsteins, I use Bilsteins and 2.5" stiff springs. I have to watch my drivi g when I use his.

But, you can swap to good stiff Kolak springs later if you choose.
That is true, for 95 shipped I figured its worth a shot. I already have to watch my cornering in the Jeep as coming from my toy a lowered Viper on 285s front and 345s rear to a tall truck can get me in trouble! hah
KDR83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.