Daystar coil spacer installation on 2001 WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Daystar coil spacer installation on 2001 WJ

Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
lapinski89
2001 WJ 

Daystar coil spacer installation on 2001 WJ

Hey I was looking into getting a 2" coil spacer kit for my 2001 Grand Cherokee for a little more height and was just wondering how difficult they are to install. Thanks

lapinski89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not hard at all. They send pretty good instructions.

http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/instructions/64200C.pdf

You'll need a spring compressor for the RF spring. Jack up under the axle. Put jack stands under the frame. Remove tires, Lower on to stands, disconnect shocks and sway bar, lower axle. Remove LF spring, remove isolater. Install spacer, then isolater, then spring. I had to stand on axle to get everything to go in. On the RF you'll need a spring compressor to get that spring back in. Make sure you get the pigtail of the spring in its pocket. They'll turn by hand with the axle hanging. Jack back up, install shocks, and reattach sway bar. The rear is the same but you'll won't need a compressor. On the rear axle shock mount remove the bolt as the nut is attached to the bracket. Some companys suggest you put the rear spacers on the axle, others say on top of the spring. But everybody here says to put them on top of the springs. I did.
Unread 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
lapinski89
2001 WJ 

Thanks a lot Scott
lapinski89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.