Dana 44 swap wj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dana 44 swap wj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 01-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Riskybussines
2001 WJ 

Wj Dana 44 swap wj

I was wondering about the full jk dana 44 swap out on a wj with the 4.0 in it i want a little more beefy axle to start my platform on my jeep plus the lockers in these axles would be usfull for the terrain i am in im running 30.5's Dynapros on my jeep now but i eventually plan on running 35;s on it with a long arm kit so i can get alot of articulation out of it

Riskybussines is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
WJChris01
2001 WJ 

They are good candidates for our Jeeps. The wms is really close (1.5" wider). However, they are not a bolt in affair as all of the brackets will have to be cut off and new brackets welded on in the proper places. Other than that, this swap (both front and rear) has been covered extensively on the inter webs. Some searching here and on Google will bring you many hours of reading enjoyment.

- 1998 XJ Sport
Bone stock for now......
WJChris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Not a smart swap, in my opinion, unless you get them real cheap.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.