Dana 30 ARB Cover and Addco Sway Bar - Spacer Needed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dana 30 ARB Cover and Addco Sway Bar - Spacer Needed?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Dana 30 ARB Cover and Addco Sway Bar - Spacer Needed?

I've got a stock 2004 Overland that I'm doing a bunch of maintenance on. I bought ARB differential covers and Lube Lockers for the front and rear, only to find out the rear Dana 44 is actually a 44a and the ARB/Lube Locker won't fit. I ordered a BTF Dana 44a cover and some ultra gray RTV instead.

Anyway, on the rear axle, I've ordered a set of IRO spacers to accommodate the larger differential cover. I'm going to install an Addco 1" sway bar at the same time I service the rear differential and install the new cover.

My question is this. I don't plan to install a new front sway bar when I service the front differential and install the ARB cover on the Dana 30. I'll replace the OEM sway bar later. Do I need to install spacers on the front sway bar? I've looked all over the Interwebs and can only find references to spacers for the rear sway bar when using heavier diff covers, and nothing about the front sway bar/diff.

Last edited by Meta4; 06-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Typographical errors.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
berndog67
2003 WJ 

the front sway bar mounts inversely compared to the rear one, so its not the issue with the aftermarket diff covers, the tie rods and track bars are usually the issue, fwiw the only one if seen personally or pics of were the solid brand covers having rubbing issues, course they were stock steering setups either
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
adavis39
2002 WJ 

I have an A R B cover on mine. No clearance issues for u to worry about
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Wj

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for!

The new ARB differential cover arrived today and it's incredibly well built. Pretty sure I could beat someone to death with this thing.

Now that everything has arrived, I'll hopefully be able to get this thing installed this weekend.

Thank you for your help!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.