So I i pulled the axle to see what was going on.
It looked fine..... there was small scratch/ gouge by where the collar (retainer that holds the bearing on which looked like it was a non issue but maybe it is.
the race looked good
the outer cylinder where the seal is seated looked fine.
So I ran a small bead of rtv on the seal itself and in retrospect i should have been more generous i was trying not to gum up the bearing so i was cautious.
refilled the differential with more lube
put axle grease on the axle
and a bit on the bearing and ran a bead on the seal and stuck it back in.
Ill update the thread on my success or failure.
if it fails ill cut the bearing off and get an oem seal and use a timken bearing and rtv the beegees out of it.
Strange thing i see alot of these bearings have the race integrated with the bearing
mine wasn't it was bearing and race.