d30 replacement - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > d30 replacement

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 01-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #31
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Well, I went with an open instead of Vari-lock. Decided that the chances of Vari-lock failing were higher than the benefits of having it in only the front axle.

Picking up a Selec-trac with 140k, still kind of high, but all bearings are in good shape. It will come with new axle shafts and UCA bushings and a u-joint yoke. I will likely be installing new ball joints in the future, probably Synergy, as well as Akebono caliper upgrade and a lunchbox locker to replace the LSD I potentially gave up. Probably Powertrax. I just want to decided between front and rear.

All in all, I appreciate everyone's advice!

-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.