Cruise Control Vacuum Line? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cruise Control Vacuum Line?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Cruise Control Vacuum Line?

My cruise control light turns on but it won't hold a speed. This seems to be a common problem and this hose seems to be the issue normally.
I saw this the other day while washing the jeep. Is this the vacuum line for the cruise control?

Thanks

DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Marksikern

I don't know what year your jeep is but I have a 1999 and the cruise vacuum line runs from a three way connecter on the passenger side back by the fire wall and runs almost under the top of the firewall toward the drivers side. The 3 way connecter also provides vacuum to the heating and cooling doors and the cut off switch to the AC when accelerating to pass or going up a hill. This can be a damn nuisance when driving in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Marksikern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Oh, alright. Anybody have any idea what that hose could be then?
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
bradywgn71

2002 WJ 

It's the drain hose from the battery tray, in case the battery were to boil over.
2002 WJ Overland - 4.7HO - 247tc - 4.5" Clayton Longarm - Bilstein shocks - 285/75-16 Cooper STT - JK Steelies - SpiderTrax Spacers - Kevin's Offroad Belly Skid and Rock Sliders - JKS Track Bar and Sway Bar Disconnects
bradywgn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Oh ok. Is that where it's supposed to be?
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
bradywgn71

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisI View Post
Oh ok. Is that where it's supposed to be?
Yea, it just hangs there like that.
2002 WJ Overland - 4.7HO - 247tc - 4.5" Clayton Longarm - Bilstein shocks - 285/75-16 Cooper STT - JK Steelies - SpiderTrax Spacers - Kevin's Offroad Belly Skid and Rock Sliders - JKS Track Bar and Sway Bar Disconnects
bradywgn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
multmigs
2003 WJ 

if you remove your passenger side headlight assembly you will see a black plastic box that is mounted under it and has a nipple facing towards the engine side which is supposed to be attached to the vacuum line for the cruise and HVAC system.
multmigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Also check on the throttle body area for any hoses off/missing. My vacuum line for cruise came off from there.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/engine/throttle_bdy_01.jpg

http://www.wjjeeps.com/engine/throttle_bdy_02.jpg
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
grussell
2001 WJ 

Once you have the passenger headlight out you will see the black plastic box with a vacuum line attached to it. I just fixed mine this morning. In the picture is the area behind the headlight. You can see the T connector and the cracked hose to the actuator. Both ends were dry rotted. I also replaced the tubing from the T down to the black box. This fixed my cruise control and my AC vents. Before, AC would only blow out the defroster.
hose.jpg

grussell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.