Cranking and runnabilty issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cranking and runnabilty issues

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Mud Pilot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cranking and runnabilty issues

Alright normally I do tons of research before posting which I don't post much just because I normally get it figured out in a timely manner but right now I don't have lots of time because this is my wife's jeep.

But here's the deal. I have a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee 4X4 and recently it died with her at the bank and had to be towed. What happened was....... In her words. Lol. Anyways it was running great other than trans issues that have been causing the shift at 4,000rpms but I have those parts on order, it ran fine but when she parked it to go inside the bank and then came back out to crank it, it wouldn't crank up. The jeep turns over but sometimes when turning over it will try and hit and start but no go. When it did actually hit and run it ran like crap. The battery is brand new by the way. So I got it home and got it to crank up and run great a couple of times so I'm guessing it's gunna be electrical. I have spoken to a couple people and they say it could be the coil rack or the CKP but I would like to get y'alls opinion before throwing parts at it. Also I brought up codes and this is what I have

0304 cyl#4 misfire
0340 cam pos sensor bank A
0351 ign. Coil A primary/secondary circuit
0352 ign. Coil B primary/ secondary circuit
0353 ign. Coil C primary/ secondary circuit
0455 EVAP system ( large leak)
1391 intermittent loss of CMP OR CKP
1762 gov. Pressure sensor offset volts too high or too low

So now that I have got all the codes I was hoping that y'all could point be into the right direction. Limited on money but have to get it fixed ASAP since she is driving my XJ and I want my jeep back. Lol.

Thank you so much everyone

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Mud Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Mud Pilot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Someone please help. Bump bump

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Mud Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Road_Kill
1999 WJ 

Well, with all three coil pack codes (one coil pack for 2 plugs/cylinders), that seems like the logical start. A coil rail issue will also give you that misfire code!!

The coil rail for my 1999 was $130 off E-bay and simple to replace (do the plugs at the same time if they are old).

i am just playing the odds with the codes you listed............you obvioulsy have multiple issues!!!
Road_Kill is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.