Covering holes below your doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Covering holes below your doors?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Moab4Life
2004 WJ 

Covering holes below your doors?

Looking for advice on what others have done to cover/fill the holes below your doors after the bottom trim has been removed. What have you done?

I removed approximately 7/8 of an inch of sheet metal from the back fenders, welding and repainted to make it look like the rest of the Jeep. I currently do not have any sliders installed, however there are 9 holes below the door that I am not comfortable leaving exposed. Do sliders use/cover these holes? Looking for suggestions on what ppl have done to fill/cover these holes without putting the bottom trim back on.

Pictures if you got them please.

Edit: 04 W.J. Laredo model.

Last edited by Moab4Life; 01-16-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Moab4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

id kinda like to see what people are doing too. sliders dont use those holes. i went through some deep water and i was scared of water getting in there and rusting it from the inside.
Unread 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Moab4Life
2004 WJ 

Bump
Unread 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Moab4Life
2004 WJ 

I am amazed there is no info on this... or an after market item to remedy this issue. I would think there is enough of a demand to make a profit. I'm obviously wrong based on the lack of info on the web and lack of responses.

Going to look into designing my own solution, then selling it and making millions! Muhahahuahauaa-ha...ha.
Unread 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

All I did after installing my sliders was to trim the plastic piece and put it back on.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
jamnjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmaveric View Post
All I did after installing my sliders was to trim the plastic piece and put it back on.
same here
Unread 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

I like the look of the paint job instead of the faded plastic. I guess I should have gotten a limited. Ha.
Unread 01-19-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
RobertTF
2001 WJ 

I went to a marine store and picked up some non skid tape in black and covered them right up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.