Couple of Questions (Lift, Vendors, Paint) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Couple of Questions (Lift, Vendors, Paint)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
NGardner
1999 WJ 

Couple of Questions (Lift, Vendors, Paint)

Hi guys,
I finally have my jeep in proper working order (just did a 242HD swap a couple weeks ago) and I wanted to get started on my build. First I have to repair a couple small rust spots, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the correct mopar touch up paint for the "Deep Slate Pearl Coat"? I looked up the mopar part number that I found on WJJeeps.com and I couldn't find anything. Any help in that department would be great.

Okay next, I want to start building my jeep up more to get increased ground clearance so I stop damaging my undercarriage. I was looking at the RCX 4" X-Series lift for $750 because I don't really have the time or money for a long arm kit, and I know it's a pretty complete kit. I was planning on buying that and the RC "performance steering stabilizer" because my brother has a RC lift on his XJ and it's fairly high quality, it hasn't had any real problems. I know some people swear by Rough Country and some people avoid it like the plague, but I don't plan on wheeling it too hard. The other kit that I was looking at was the IRO 3" kit, but it isn't as high, and I would need to buy a trackbar with it, and quick discos. Would love to hear people's opinions, my mind is fairly made up on the RC lift, but I still want to make sure I'm not making a big mistake.

Also, I know that there are vendors for Rough Country on the forums, but I wasn't able to find any, and I was wondering about who I should talk to about getting prices under MSRP on the kit and stabilizer?

Thanks in advance guys

Selling Jeep WJ 4.0l CV style driveshaft. PM for more info! Want it gone!
NGardner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Take the part number for the paint to a sherman williams store. They can make it up for you and even put it in rattle can.

I ran the RCX kit on my last WJ. I loved it. No problems whatsoever and I beat the hell out of it. Hit up casanova4x4 on here for pricing. As for the steering stabilizer, go with a moog super trail boss. You can get it on rockauto for less than the RC one. Ive had both the RC and the moog, and I like the moog better and its cheaper.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
NGardner
1999 WJ 

thanks so much, I couldn't have asked for a more useful reply

Unread 06-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
NGardner
1999 WJ 

I PMd Casanova4x4 and got no response, is there anyone else that I could talk to for Rough Country?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.