Couple of questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Couple of questions

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
W-Dale-J
2003 WJ 

Couple of questions

Okay im new to this forum but was on the powerstroke.org before i totaled that truck .. Jeep GC's are a new breed for me.
First I question I have is that I went to go flush my transmission fluid and on the 5 speed trannys it calls for 6.5qts. i add that and on my dip stick it shows im still low.(yes im on a leveled ground) tranny runs good. but every now and then ill get a clunk out of it when I take it from park to drive. idk how to tell if its a u joint that causing it or something in the tranny.(it happened before the flush)
Second question i have is im looking for and exhaust, do any of you have a perfeered brand. and comments on that would help
Third question is i know coming from owning a 6.0powerstroke superchips wasn't the greatest tune for that truck. it took out a lot of trannys.. is superchips tuning safe for my jeep? under normal driving of course..

thanks ahead.

Dale

Unread 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
W-Dale-J
2003 WJ 

Anybody able to help me?
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Kolak, he's a vendor on here has great complete exhaust kits PM him for prices
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
indept
2000 WJ 

You add fluid until it's full. A tranny can hold 12 qts or more if the torque gets drained. Also check the manual on how to check it. My 42re tranny, you have to check it running in neutral not park to get the correct level. If you don't have an owners manual, you can download a 2004 (the earliest available on their site) from jeep @
My Jeep: Jeep Owners Service Manuals - 4x4 SUVs, Sports Utility Vehicles, Off Road

It should be close enough to tell you how much fluid it holds max and the proper way to check it. As for the clunk, it could be a u joint or the rear. Chock the wheels REALLY well on level ground & set the parking brake too, then with the engine off, put the trans in neutral then get under it and twist the driveshaft and listen for clunks.
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
W-Dale-J
2003 WJ 

Thanks guys. Checked the fluid in park and netural, book say park and it still says low. : / I don't want to add to much and blow something off under their.
How would be the best way to say it was the rear end or the ujoints?
Anybody running superchips and recomend it, or even the jet stage 1?
Im looking for a few highway mpg this summer.I only ask b/c I got a couple of road trips planned with me and my boys to Utah(not moab though ...), and Arizona and Wyoming. I wanna get the most i can get for the a little less at the pump and more power. Hopefully that Quadra Trac II is pretty good and reliable..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.