Cooling problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cooling problem

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
pyre24
2000 WJ 

I have same problem on my electrical fan except some times it turns on sometimes it doesnt. And the overhead computer beeps once in awhile to. Wonder if theres a connection. Maybe it beeps cause fan doesnt kick on. I've watched the fan too. Was going to change motor but when i direct wire to battery it comes on. Started jeep with a/c on it ran fine. Replaced relay and connector, fuse last month and temp sensor last year. Today started to overheat, popped hood, fan not running dont know why. Doesn't matter if a/c is pushed. Still sometimes comes on sometimes no. Its a pita. And had new waterpump, fresh coolant and thermostat 2 months ago from this

pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

If you wire the fan directly does it work? could be the connector to the fan is an issue. That's what I recently went through. Could also be the fan is just failing. To check my relay we used the DRBIII scanner and had it trigger the fan on etc. This way we could see if the fan was coming om as designed, and if there was an issue with the relay. Found one of my 'backup' relays was no good this way. Being intermittent though, I'm thinking fan or fan connector. I've only experienced the relay failing. Never being tempermental.

As for the overhead, had mine acting strange beeping low coolant when there was nothing wrong. Seems to have gone away. Not sure what's up with that. Don't think it's related at all though as it only goes to the float in the overflow bottle. If it drops too much as in fluid is too low, it'll trigger it to go off on the overhead. Same with the washer fluid, although the float is different.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
Calebt59
2001 WJ 

I had this problem with my 02 grand cherokee, I changed the fan relay and the problem went away. I think it controls the fan speed as heats up and cools down.
Calebt59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #19
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

From my understanding, that's it exactly what it does.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
jwrangler91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just had the same problem. My fan wasn't coming on at all. Changed the fan breaker and it worked. Think I played 45 bucks. If you YouTube it, there is a video where there is a shortcut. I took the passenger headlight off, dremmeled a hole in the plastic and changed changed it that way.
jwrangler91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
mdavis83
2001 WJ 

So I finally got time to drain the radiator and change the thermostat. It is still getting hot. I did notice that my fan wasn't coming on. Even with the ac on. It seemed to be fine and not getting hot until I turned the ac on. I know that my fan has been working. Maybe it is working intermittently? Because sometimes it gets hot and sometimes it doesn't. Would that be the relay??
mdavis83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.