Confusion installing a westin brush guard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Confusion installing a westin brush guard

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
zsega
2002 WJ 

Angry Confusion installing a westin brush guard

Hey guys. I recently got a hell of a deal on the West sportsman 1 pc brush guard. Only issue was it did not come with the mounting brackets. I got it for cheap enough so I didn't sweat having to order the brackets. Opened the package today and noticed they were absolutely NOT the same style as picture here http://westin.iwebcat.com/imgVD/WET/75-0226.pdf

The brackets they sent me are model number 40-012pk. I talked to Westin before ordering the brackets to make sure to get the right part number and the guy said something along the lines of me needing tow hooks to mount these? Yet in the instructions I've posted it says NOTHING about TOW HOOKS!!!! I have one set of directions telling me i need to hooks, and the other saying I dont. I dont even think my laredo ever had tow hooks.

I've read a similar post related to this and I couldn't really get any definitive answers. So basically can someone give me a part number for the correct installation kit? Or is this oddly enough the correct part? Thanks!

photo-1-.jpg

photo.jpg

zsega is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Looks like the correct brackets.
They sandwich in between the frame and stock tow hook mount plates
You could use plain bolts, nuts and washers if you aren't wanting tow hooks.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
SCAN-MAN

I have some used ones if you want to make an offer...I bent my bull bar into my bumper and radiator & now realize they are worthless... Pm if you want, I'll try and post pics tomorrow
SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
SCAN-MAN

Btw I don't think mine look like those & I'm certain mine was a westin
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #5
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Those are not the correct brackets. No idea if they'd work or not but here's the Westin sportsman brackets. I made heavy duty copies of the originals but cut up the originals to use as backing plates. You do not need the factory tow hooks to install this. In fact they mount where the tow hooks would go so if you had them you'd have to remove them. My advice; buy that previous posters brackets as opposed to dealing with Westin. As long as they're specifically from a Westin and the brush guard not the bull/safari bar. People often think these are all the same but they're not.
image-2363506807.jpg

image-1019941744.jpg

image-22143588.jpg

image-1757673637.jpg

image-1843165189.jpg

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
SCAN-MAN

Yeah, sorry for some reason I thought you were talking bull bar...I have xtra bull mounts....here's how my brush guard mounts look that I'm using

image-4077617128.jpg
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
tuglife
2004 WJ 

I still have all the hardware in a bag as I used grade 8 instead. I'll see if there's a part number anywhere when I get back from sea.
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
zsega
2002 WJ 

Yes if you can please get me a part number that would be great. I know I wasn't crazy! I really like Westin products but I've heard horror stories of their customer /technical support. Couldn't even send me the right part If anyone's trying to sell some of the brackets shoot me a pm, or give me a part number that'd be awesome too! Thanks everyone
zsega is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsega View Post
Yes if you can please get me a part number that would be great. I know I wasn't crazy! I really like Westin products but I've heard horror stories of their customer /technical support. Couldn't even send me the right part If anyone's trying to sell some of the brackets shoot me a pm, or give me a part number that'd be awesome too! Thanks everyone
I've been searching for some brackets also but they are not the easiest to locate. Hopefully westin will ship you the right ones.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.