Compustar Programming Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Compustar Programming Help!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Colton5419
2004 WJ 

Compustar Programming Help!

I just had the RF-2W9000-SS Compustar system installed with an alarm on my 2004 WJ and everything works flawlessly... besides one annoyance!

I want all my doors to unlock when I press the unlock button on the keyfob, however only the drivers door will unlock, and then I have to perfectly time the second press in order for the other doors to unlock and its a pain in the ***, everyone is always tugging the handles trying to get in.

I already tried using the included 1-way remote, followed a guide and disabled "drivers door priority" by holding lock and unlock for 2.5 seconds, repeat and then move through the menu to step 3 (1-03) by holding the trunk and remote start button for 2.5 seconds and waiting for the 4 ways to flash between each time. Then I pressed the corresponding button to disable it and was confirmed with a chirp from the alarm and a flash from the lights... I also enabled the double pulse feature and it still simply unlocks the damn drivers door... for such a sophisticated system you would think this wouldn't be so difficult.

The professional installers said "thats just the way it is" ... however other people have the exact OPPOSITE problem as me.

(OlllllllO)
Colton5419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Colton5419
2004 WJ 

http://www.theeverydayguy.com/downlo..._installV2.pdf is a link to the guide I used.

Page 29 has the method for programming using a 1 way remote, I used method for Option Menu 1

(OlllllllO)
Unread 10-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Colton5419
2004 WJ 

Found out the solution; this is one of the few things you can only do by connecting the bypass module directly to a computer via the idatalink 4-pin to usb cable.

Either go to a compustar dealership and show them this, or buy one on amazon for $40 and register an account....and do it yourself.

Just in the rare chance someone else has a compustar remote starter and wanted to know how to UNLOCK ALL DOORS WITH ONE CLICK!

(OlllllllO)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.