Cold air stock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cold air stock

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
bushido7seven
1999 WJ 

Cold air stock

What if I cut the tube to allow more air get in . Also what if I open a second hole that connects to the grill with a tube ( I hope you guys understand what I am going for) .

image-3981671294.jpg  
bushido7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

I did just that.....see one of my old threads. Chopped off the pipe at a 45 degree angle in the air box and the flap that goes across the intake pipe by the grille. Did not notice any diff on fuel consumption and only a slight difference in throttle responce at the lowest revs before the turbo starts boosting (CRD). Was an interesting experiment but not a lot was gained.....although it has a very slightly louder intake noise.

Found link:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...iment-1517372/
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
bushido7seven
1999 WJ 

Sounds great ! I will be doing this soon but with some tweaks.
bushido7seven is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.