Codes P0303 & P0304 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Codes P0303 & P0304

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
lovemy3
1999 WJ 

Wj Codes P0303 & P0304

New to the jeep world and just need alittle help.....
Just brought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0...Changed the plugs & coil pack but still has ruff idol. Any ideas where to go next?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

lovemy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
oakmckinley
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Those codes are for a cylinder misfire in #3 and 4. There is a heat soak problem that happens and can cause cylinder misfire. There a some threads on this. I think there is something you can buy that insulates it.
Good luck.
1964 Ford Fairlane 500
oakmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had this problem in the past. Read this post.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/03...en-hot-607283/

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
bigchevyman24
2000 WJ 

I have the p0304 at all times, not just when the engine is hot. I have new plugs and coil rail also. The next thing I'm replacing is the injector on that cylinder. I'm hoping it fixes it. If not, I'm gonna put a match to it lol... I have also read that it could be the gapping on the plugs, fuel filter, the heatsink issue(you should have a heatmat on the top of the intake in between the injectors and the intake itself), and you may also want to clean the throttle body. My bet would be fuel injectors are probably clogged or have gunk in them. Have you ran any fuel injector cleaner lately?

SOLD: 2000 WJ 2WD CONVERTED TO 4X4, 97 TJ ON 35'S, 95 XJ ON 33'S
bigchevyman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
lovemy3
1999 WJ 

Thanks everyone for your help. Yes Ive ran (1) bottle of injector cleaner and have another in the jeep to run. I was talking with a guy last night at autozone...(one that seemed like he knew alittle..not like most there) said he would test pressure of injectors first then go from there. Thanks everyone for the links to all the fourms..I've did alittle bit of reading and it's helped.

Sorry for being "clueless"....everyone just thinks Im your avarage "blonde". LoL.

Thanks for your help again!
lovemy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
02jeepAZ

I'm sorry to bring the thread up again, but i'm currently am having the same problem of cylinder 3 misfire on my 02 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L , i drove the car for about 2 hours straight on saturday and parked the car that afternoon, when attempting to turn it on on sunday, the car only clicks when turning the key. i have read several threads and googled quite a bit, some say sparkplugs or coils can be the problem or even the injector, i'm currenty tight on money so my question is where is it best to start from as far as replacing and/or checking for problems on my car?
02jeepAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
02jeepAZ

anybody???help would be greatly appreciated
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #8
tsconver
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepAZ View Post
I'm sorry to bring the thread up again, but i'm currently am having the same problem of cylinder 3 misfire on my 02 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L , i drove the car for about 2 hours straight on saturday and parked the car that afternoon, when attempting to turn it on on sunday, the car only clicks when turning the key. i have read several threads and googled quite a bit, some say sparkplugs or coils can be the problem or even the injector, i'm currenty tight on money so my question is where is it best to start from as far as replacing and/or checking for problems on my car?
move the coil pack to a different cylinder and see if the miss fire follows it. If it does you have a bad coil. If it does not move then try moving the injector to a different cylinder, if the code moves then it is a bad injector. You running the recommended plugs, I know the 4.7 is pretty sensitive to plugs.

We have room but for one flag, the American flag . . . We have room but for one language, and that is the English language . . . And we have room for but one sole loyalty...and that is a loyalty to the American people. T. Roosevelt 1919

2003 Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo

My Build Thread

A few goodies
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...umb55839/jeep/

2001 Kawasaki 1200 ZRX
A few Speed parts, fun to ride
http://www.zrxoa.org/

2006 Red Liberty
Wife's ride, pretty stock
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...mage0008-1.jpg

http://www.cnc4x4.org/

http://www.treadlightly.org/

tsconver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #9
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepAZ View Post
...when attempting to turn it on on sunday, the car only clicks when turning the key...
This line right here tells me it's something electrical or battery related. Does your vehicle start? If it literally just clicks when you turn the key over, I'd start by checking/charging your battery.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
02jeepAZ

Wj

battery checked out fine when i took it to autozone, check starter relay fuse in the inside fuse box under the steering wheel and then checked outside fuse box in engine bay, checked all fuses and relays that i thought would be related to my problem, my next question is if the starter would be the problem, when turning the key and hearing the "click" sound is that my starter clicking? or does the click itself not make a difference and everything checking out fine would lead to possibly being the starter?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.