clicking in he front end when braking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > clicking in he front end when braking

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Daylan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

clicking in he front end when braking

So I bought a 99 and it is in pretty good shape but there is this clicking noise in the front end with moderate braking. I pulled the wheels and brakes apart as I was told that the backing plate on the brake pads could be loose causing he clicking noise. this was not he issue, brakes are 90% and nothing wring with them. also, it does not do it when in reverse. Any ideas? and thanks ahead for the help.

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
=KZ=
2000 WJ 

If it was me I would make sure there isn't a loose bolt in the brakes or control arms or track bar first. I had the exact same issue a click on the right and left. took forever to figure it out. thought it was a bushing which was blown, thought it was the brake pads. In the end I did an akebono upgrade after my rotors warped and it was gone. I heard that it could be a sticky caliper, but to tell the truth the akebono's are so much better than the original front calipers that I wouldnt bother trying to fix the teves or replace them with rebuilt.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.