Cherokee No Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cherokee No Start

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
TeenBeach
2003 FSJ Cherokee 

Cherokee No Start

Hi, I have a 2003 jeep grand Cherokee with the 4.0L. I have been having problems with it stalling very randomly (no warning before either). The anti-drain fuel valve is bad because I have to prime it twice before I can start it. Any who... my girlfriends sister was driving the car tonight and it stalled on her. She couldn't get it to start at all so I went to the jeep and I couldn't get it to start either, even priming it. The engine tries to turn over so the starter is good, the battery also reads 12.4 volts on the gauge before starting. Also, the tank was full of gas so its not out of gas. Any ideas on where I can start? I do all my own work... like to get my hands dirty so I want to fix it myself. Hopefully you all can help me out, willing to try anything.

TeenBeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Are you getting fuel to the rail?

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
TeenBeach
2003 FSJ Cherokee 

Just checked the fuel rail and no fuel is coming out, even when priming the fuel pump. I did try starting it with starter fluid and it did start but I had to keep jumping on the gas to keep in running. Once I stopped jumping on the gas it would die though. So I am guessing clogged injectors, clogged fuel filter, bad fuel pump? Whats next? Thxs for all the replies and help in advanced!
TeenBeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Fuel to the rail won`t necessarily mean there`s something wrong with the injectors. Could be filter, could be pump. When you turn the key to on and pause, do you hear the pump prime? If so, would look at fuel filter as possible cause. If no, check fuse/relay for the pump first. If they're good, could be to do with harness to the pump, or the pump itself.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.