Hey, Ive got a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8, and recently the check engine light came on. I turned the key on/off 3x and the code P0108 came up. I googled around a touch and its a MAP sensor? What should I do to fix this? Am I allowed to drive with this?
Hello - I posted this on another thread related to the same problem. I've over the last eight months had similar P0108 issues, here is the info I posted on the other thread...
I've had the same issue(s) with my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L. I had the wiring redone for the MAP sensor, the problem returned, replaced the sensor - still no joy. I suspect my problems are/were not related to the sensor, but the catalytic converter being blocked - so I've just replaced the cat. So far I have driven about 500km without any of the issues returning (will let you know if they do). I reckon if I get to about 1500km driving without this P0108 happening I can say the problem is solved.
This is what I was experiencing
- Stalls while driving (just stopping dead - this was happening once or twice every 500km)
- Slight surging at idle between 500rpm and 1000 rpm
- Sudden shudder on open road while driving at 100kmph occasionally
- Regular P0108 (happening 3-4 times every 500km)
What made me think it was a blocked cat ?
- Stalling is one of the symptoms
- I'd fixed the MAP sensor and I didn't/don't want to believe it was the PCM.
- Fuel economy had gone from 12.8 - 13.0L per 100km to 13.4 - 13.8L (i do a bit of straight line travelling)
- Slight loss of power. It was kind of hard to to say whether it was real or imagined, but I have noticed the difference now when driving up hills in cruise control.
- The car has done 200,000 km and cats do wear out over time apparently.
- When starting up cold you could hear a bit of a hiss from the exhaust under the car that wasn't there when the car was warm, cats apparently warm up and expand to allow the gas to pass through. If your cat is getting blocked you might notice this sort of noise.
Anyway that is my story - hopefully I have solved my problem and maybe helped with yours, otherwise I am steering down the barrel of a new PCM which I am not very excited about.
Yeah got to 586.4 km and the cursed $#%^ P0108 returned. Disregard all the rubbish I have spouted earlier. Looks Like I'm headed for a new PCM. Next time I'm buying Japanese. I've had no end of issues with this F$%#@ Jeep I've had enough.