Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Check Engine Light

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Retski 
#1 ·
Hi, Steve here. My check engine light has now come on twice after Fueling. The Gas cap is secure. I fuled with the Plus grade, both times. The light goes out after a few days and starts . The Engine is running great the whole time. Had a friend check for codes, found a O2 sensor going off. I am getting my fuel at Get-Go . What grade do you run in your WJ. And other than a gas cap, has any body else had a touchy check engine light like this.

#2 ·
I have them same problem. I've tried everything. I was told by a veteran mechanic, that most likely the solenoid at the rear canister is sticking open, thus causing the leak code. I never changed mine, because the app on my phone automatically clears my codes. And it doesn't affect anything. Anyway that's the first thing I would look at.

#3 ·
Also I lost my cap in November, check light hasn't come on since, so I've just left it off, 3 months with no p041 code.

#4 ·
What was the exact code that you pulled? You state it was an "O2 sensor going off". To me, sounds like you have a failing O2 sensor, and that the check engine light coming on when you fuel up is just coincidence. But it could just be the way you worded it also.

#6 ·
Oops. I missread. Sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.