Cheap/easy way to put fog lights in a Laredo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cheap/easy way to put fog lights in a Laredo?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
MikeJ75

Cheap/easy way to put fog lights in a Laredo?

Could I do it with out getting the whole kit, like getting not stock fog lights and just making them fit in the spots and run some wires?

MikeJ75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

I'm having a bumper that has holes for the fog lights put in this week, I'm looking to upgrade as well. But to be hones i don't think you can put in fog lights without a kit. If anyone knows let us know =) I'll be glad to save some $$$$$ doing it =)
maloj2003wj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

If you have the rectangular fogs 99-03 then you cant get the kit from Mopar anymore. I know, I tried. But for the 04 guys they can still order the newer fog light kit. I ended up getting my factory setup out of the junk yard from a rear ended WJ.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
If you have the rectangular fogs 99-03 then you cant get the kit from Mopar anymore. I know, I tried. But for the 04 guys they can still order the newer fog light kit. I ended up getting my factory setup out of the junk yard from a rear ended WJ.
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/.../82207798.html

here's the original kit.. made by Chrysler.. you can still buy it
maloj2003wj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Yes. There are a couple of write ups on it on here and JU. I got my fog lights from WJ in a junkyard for $10, put them in with trim adhesive, and ran wires back up to a switch in my center console.

Before:

After:

Switch:
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
HookEm
2001 WJ 

Do you have different than stock bulbs in the fogs and headlights since they're tinted?

FS: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/various-things-wj-1626297/
HookEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Sohcvtec1995
2001 WJ 

i have the factory foglights for sale if you are looking to get them.
Sohcvtec1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
dlundblad
2003 WJ 

I did this. Took the idea front another guy. Mine are 100w high beam lights, but fogs could be used too like a ZJ or XJ.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=529433
Plus a few other junkyard goodies...
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
kharney
2003 WJ 

McClouds what did you black out your rims and grill with it looks great
kharney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...grand+cherokee

^Thats my plan if I do it.
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
McClouds what did you black out your rims and grill with it looks great
Thanks. The rims and grill were painted with Plastidip from an Aerosol can. The mesh behind the grill was painted to match the body with some stuff from www.automotivetouchup.com that I had leftover from repairing a dent. I also put a piece of red colored vinyl trim adhesive stuff around the edge of the wheel to match the red calipers.

Quote:
Do you have different than stock bulbs in the fogs and headlights since they're tinted?
No I don't. The tint I used is called VHT Nightshade. It's a spray on tint that comes out really really nice if you do it right, and doesn't detract from your headlight's brightness. I got a set of made-in-China head lights off of ebay for like $40 and used it on them. I put the Silverstar 9006 bulbs (which I think is what was in it from the factory?) in the headlights. They're about 2X as bright as the old foggy OEM ones that I'd had on there before.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.