Changing a headlight on an 04 Grand Cherokee?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Changing a headlight on an 04 Grand Cherokee??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #1
boyandhisjeep

Changing a headlight on an 04 Grand Cherokee??

Ok, I think this may have been covered somewhere in an earlier post..but my question is..i purchased a set of Sylvania Silverstars and I cannot find a way to get my headlight cover off and it's too cramped in there to approach from behind..but i KNOW there has to be a way to change these bulbs if anyone has had any experience with this or knows of a website i should reference it would save me a lot of pain and aggrevation..thanks!

boyandhisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
Silver yj

I have'nt replaced the bulbs in the 04 Cherokee but all the others I have done you have no choice but to go behind the light and get it that way,might have to move the battery or air box maybe in the way to do it not real sure about yours but that is the only way I no in.Its getting bad with the new vehicles,we had to remove the fron bumper on a new V W Bug to replace the bulb in the headlight,it sucks.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #3
redjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver yj
I have'nt replaced the bulbs in the 04 Cherokee but all the others I have done you have no choice but to go behind the light and get it that way,might have to move the battery or air box maybe in the way to do it not real sure about yours but that is the only way I no in.Its getting bad with the new vehicles,we had to remove the fron bumper on a new V W Bug to replace the bulb in the headlight,it sucks.

Hopefully your 04 is the same as my 01 and this will be about a 5 minute job. On top of the headlight assembly you will see a small bolt, I believe it is 7mm, this bolt is 5 or 6" long, remove the bolt and then take a long handle screwdriver and gently pry out the whole assembly. The whole headlight assembly is held in place with 4 or 5 snap clips.
redjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #4
01JGCLINVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjim
Hopefully your 04 is the same as my 01 and this will be about a 5 minute job. On top of the headlight assembly you will see a small bolt, I believe it is 7mm, this bolt is 5 or 6" long, remove the bolt and then take a long handle screwdriver and gently pry out the whole assembly. The whole headlight assembly is held in place with 4 or 5 snap clips.
check out this site

http://www.wjjeeps.com/lamps/lampsrem.htm#EXTERIORREM

great detail and pictures
01JGCLINVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.