CD/AUX Button Stopped Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > CD/AUX Button Stopped Working

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
cultcab
2004 WJ 

CD/AUX Button Stopped Working

I have a 2004 WJ and I've been using an adapter to replace the CD Changer functionality with an auxiliary cable connected to my iPod.

I've had no problems with this for several years.

Just recently, the CD / Aux button stopped working, so I can't switch over to my iPod anymore.

I pulled the radio fuse and re-inserted it so try to reset the radio = no change.

Any suggestions?

cultcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
CLUBSFIT
2003 WJ 

mine does this and I have to unplug and re-plug in the unit itself, and then hit cd on the deck. I actually lengthened the wires so I could install it in my glove box so I didnt have to pull the radio each time. It is a 10 second job now. Just unplug the large connector that plugs into the converter and plug back in.
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
cultcab
2004 WJ 

This did the trick. The CD/Aux button started working as soon as a I reset the connector.

I noticed that the radio unit was EXTREMELY hot. The Jeep had been sitting in the driveway (in the California sun) for a few hours, so it was just the ambient air that was heating it up.

I've had a problem in the past with the integrated Navigation unit overheating and erroring out - I would stop working until I let it "cool" down for an hour or so.

I assume that these symtpoms are somewhat related - probably a blown fan in the unit???
cultcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
CLUBSFIT
2003 WJ 

no, I don't think so... My Cd changer was very intermittent before I got pissed off and yanked it out. I can go a week or so now as long as I don't change the source to radio etc. As soon as the connection is lost,I have to reset the unit.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.