Are the ccfl halos adjustable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Are the ccfl halos adjustable?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
SCAN-MAN

Are the ccfl halos adjustable?

Installed ccfl's, beam is pointed way too high, is there a way to lower it so I don't blind on comers ?

SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Dan_d
2004 WJ 

The headlight beam or light from the halos?
Dan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
SCAN-MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_d
The headlight beam or light from the halos?
Headlights, low beam is blinding
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Schlotzky
2004 WJ 

Yep, if you have the spyder ones, which you probably do.

Get a nice long phillips screw driver and stick it down in the hole in the radiator support beam that the headlights mount to. Fish around a bit and you'll find the gear type thing you turn to adjust the headlights. Shine a flashlight in there to see what I'm talking about. Then just park a decent distance from a wall and bring them down and even. I had to do the same; I thought it was ridiculous that they come out of the box aiming at the trees so as to blind as many people as possible.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
Dan_d
2004 WJ 

I had to do the same on mine as well. The passenger side one I had to take out to adjust because you couldn't get to the gear.
Dan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
SCAN-MAN

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky View Post
Yep, if you have the spyder ones, which you probably do.

Get a nice long phillips screw driver and stick it down in the hole in the radiator support beam that the headlights mount to. Fish around a bit and you'll find the gear type thing you turn to adjust the headlights. Shine a flashlight in there to see what I'm talking about. Then just park a decent distance from a wall and bring them down and even. I had to do the same; I thought it was ridiculous that they come out of the box aiming at the trees so as to blind as many people as possible.
Done!! Many on comers thank you...ridiculous for sure... I should have tested them before blinding even the truck drivers, during a severe monsoon storm..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.