Carolina Driveshaft Woe's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Carolina Driveshaft Woe's

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
explain? i was going to go with the whole she-bang, not just one or two parts
I advocate using local driveline shops, or even better, sourcing an OEM Jeep Dana/Spicer conventional double cardan shaft from the good ol' junkyard. I am known to be anti aftermarket driveshaft company that use inferior parts and sell the same exact "style" driveshaft that Jeep offered in later model WJ's. I'll leave it at that.

*looking to buy 3" springs or swap my 4.5" springs for your 3" springs -- PM me*
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

ahhhhhh. gotcha. well then what would i need to do/get when i go up to 6"?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #18
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8 View Post
I advocate using local driveline shops, or even better, sourcing an OEM Jeep Dana/Spicer conventional double cardan shaft from the good ol' junkyard. I am known to be anti aftermarket driveshaft company that use inferior parts and sell the same exact "style" driveshaft that Jeep offered in later model WJ's. I'll leave it at that.
Yes Skain8 hates others companies because they do what every american company does make it cheap as possible.

If your going to order a Driveshaft Ask what Type of Joints used None of that chinese crap. yes it's cheaper but your gonna be hungry again later from the chinese joints. Goes for any maker Tom Woods is known to use these Gold Seal basically there own brand. Carolina will use damn near the same joints to keep cost's.

You cannot expect a drive shaft to have the best or recommended joints they going to use the cheapest possible unless you upgrade it.

When i ordered my Carolina DS i Specified DANA Spicer only it was nearly $50 more for these joints. I also changed yokes i had a local shop change the yokes for me.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

How would the Carolina work with the flange adapters with only 2.5" of lift?
Unread 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
tsconver
2003 WJ 

my carolina shafts have dana joints on them, you just have to talk to them, and I was having a vibration issue and they said let me send you a shaft if it fixes we are good if not just send it back and we will refund your cost, you are only out shipping, can not beat that.

We have room but for one flag, the American flag . . . We have room but for one language, and that is the English language . . . And we have room for but one sole loyalty...and that is a loyalty to the American people. T. Roosevelt 1919

2003 Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo

My Build Thread

A few goodies
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...umb55839/jeep/

2001 Kawasaki 1200 ZRX
A few Speed parts, fun to ride
http://www.zrxoa.org/

2006 Red Liberty
Wife's ride, pretty stock
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...mage0008-1.jpg

http://www.cnc4x4.org/

http://www.treadlightly.org/

tsconver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
jtsjeep99
1999 WJ 

I just ordered a Carolina front DS with the flange at the diff end and a new yoke to bolt up to the TC. I'm gonna try to do a write up with pics when it gets here and I install it. The cost was $310 with the upgraded u-joints and the yoke at the TC end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.