Car key questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Car key questions

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Car key questions

I have a 2003 keep grand cherokee 4.7L v8
I only have one key to my car and the other piece for unlocking the car. I wanted to buy a second key but with something like a flip key and the buttons all in one. Something like this has anyone done anything like this ??

image-3939968502.jpg

Unread 07-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
CopperDeer
1999 WJ 

The problem is SKIM. You'd have to bypass/disable/compromise your anti-theft immobilizer or get extremely creative in fitting the SKIM transponder from your original key inside that.
CopperDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

You can get the flip case on Ebay. You will need to install a transponder chip into the case. You can buy just the transponder chip without trying to dig it out of a key.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.