Can I change my stock tire size while keeping the stock rim? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can I change my stock tire size while keeping the stock rim?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

Wj Can I change my stock tire size while keeping the stock rim?

I have a Grand Cherokee WJ and I'm considering either SRT8 rims and low profile tire or just a set of wider tires on the stock 17" rims. The stock tire size is 235/65R17. Is it possible to change the tire size to something along the lines of 275? I have done some research and found that a tire size of 275/55R17 will only affect my speedo by .2 MPH, however i'm wondering if this tire will fit on my stock rims without any modifications/problems (other than wheel spacers)?? Thanks in advance for the help!!

04Overland47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Too wide to fit well. 245/65-17 is usually the widest recommended. Even that size has slight potential to rub on fender liners.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Even 265s are a hard fit in the rear.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.