Can I bolt WK Seats into My WJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can I bolt WK Seats into My WJ

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
That is one of the few things I miss about my ZJ, the seats were way better than the WJ.
Def dont miss my zj seat cause some fat #$%& had it before me so the seat had zero cushion left where he slid in and out, i had to lean right to keep from sliding into my door.

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Darnice
2004 WJ 

WK seats better than WJ? HUH? I have driven in both, and WJ seats blow the hard as a rock and uncomfortable WK seats into the weeds. Mind you this is comparing Overland to Overland trim levels.

My brother had a WK, his biggest grip was the garbage seats in the WK (besides the very plastic interior). WK are cheaply made compared to WJ's.

He wants my seats for his WK, it was that bad. The german idea of rock hard cheap leather did not work compared to the soft quality leather of the WJ's.

Now the new Grand Cherokee seats, they are far better than the WK, not as soft as the WJ, but better than the WK.
Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
CHULOGORDO82
2002 WJ 

So wk or wk2 seats, do they fit or is there a need for big mods to make them fit??
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHULOGORDO82 View Post
So wk or wk2 seats, do they fit or is there a need for big mods to make them fit??
That was the original question but still unanswered , as i dont think its a popular mod but we have gathered WK seats are not has comfy has our wj's...... comfort it not of concern to me has I think our seats are horrible in comfort and quality at least compared to other vehicles I have owned and far less comfortable then my Infiniti SUV.
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

I loved my XJ seat, I've made peace with the WJ seat but it's probably one thing I miss the most.

Never sat in an WK, they must be better than the dub's?
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #21
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

has anybody tried this yet?
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I own a WK and I still think WJ seats are more comfortable, never heard if anyone swapping them though. I'd like to see this
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
WK seats better than WJ? HUH? I have driven in both, and WJ seats blow the hard as a rock and uncomfortable WK seats into the weeds. Mind you this is comparing Overland to Overland trim levels.

My brother had a WK, his biggest grip was the garbage seats in the WK (besides the very plastic interior). WK are cheaply made compared to WJ's.

He wants my seats for his WK, it was that bad. The german idea of rock hard cheap leather did not work compared to the soft quality leather of the WJ's.

Now the new Grand Cherokee seats, they are far better than the WK, not as soft as the WJ, but better than the WK.
X2. The couple times I drove in a wk I was extremely unimpressed with the interior quality, especially the seats. But, it was only a few times so I'm no expert. I'm 6'2" and love the way I fit in my wj.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^x3
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #25
Poseidon
2002 WJ 

I just test drove a 2007 WK with 60K and the V6. There must have been something wrong with the engine as it was a pig, turned on the air and had to rev to like 4K to get it to move like my 2002 does. Besides that, the SEATS WERE TERRIBLE, worst seat I have ever sat in, PERIOD.

I'd like to swap for a set of Overland seats, but would not waste a moment thinking of putting in that garbage from the WK.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #26
ultimo
2002 WJ 

good to know...I guess replacing the flattened seat foam would restore the quality of my WJ seats then...
Unread 10-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
bentbolt
2004 WJ 

Wk2 seat aren't worth putting in any wj. I have cloth Columbia seats in my wj not bad but worn a bit.
bentbolt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #28
ultimo
2002 WJ 

SRT8 seats should be cool if one can find any right? the bolsters are different....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.