Can this be a blender door/recirculating door issue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can this be a blender door/recirculating door issue?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
KDR83

Can this be a blender door/recirculating door issue?

The ac in the Jeep is barely cool out of the middle vents, barely flows on the passenger side and feels warmer. I just had the system refilled yesterday and they did a sniff test, said there is a slow leak at the evap but something that would take months to leak out, said they may be able to stop it with a "leak stop" they added. Anyways I am still not impressed with the air, thought that maybe the blender doors may be broken and its mixing hot air with cold air, is that possible?

Last edited by KDR83; 06-25-2013 at 02:19 PM..
KDR83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
jbrink
2002 WJ 

I had a similar issue when my recirc door was broke. There's a way to check for failure codes by holding the ac and recirc button and turning on the key and turning the left knob counter clockwise while the ac and recirc button are still pressed. I'm not sure that's exactly how you do it but if you search you'll be able to find how to do it.
jbrink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

Watch this video, at the beginning it shows you how to get the codes to see if it its your blend doors.
Erich_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

I just fixed mine
Erich_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
KDR83

I ordered the blender door repair kit with the recirculator door repair kit. I will see if this fixes it. Man I bought this Jeep on Saturday, this and the horn are the only issues I am fighting. I have a feeling I did not need to refill my AC yesterday.
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
KDR83

just went out to check the codes, 52, 54, and 56 so basically both blender doors and recirculator door....so looks like I will fix/replace that first!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.