Can anyone confirm this for me? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can anyone confirm this for me?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Toreyjw1
1999 WJ 

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Im swapping my locked up nv247 from my 99 4.7 WJ with a donor from a 4.0. From what ive found, you can do this but you'll need to swap the input shafts and use the rear axle from the donor. Ive seen a couple writeups on the swap, which is straight forward, my question was breaking the case to swap the shafts out. I found this KOR article describing a similar service between a 242 and a 249. Can I use this as a guide to swap the input shaft from the 247 into the 242?

Heres the article:

http://kevinsoffroad.com/techarticle...-242_swap.html

And what is the compatibility of the front drive shaft? My jeep is (or was until i pulled it to stop the binding) equipped with the shaft with cv boots at the front and rear. Will i need to swap anything regarding the front driveshaft?

Im just getting ready to pull the trigger and want to hash out the details. ten hour commute for 40 miles in ice was quite a bummer with my front drive shaft out and sub par rears, NOT TO MENTION an open diff

If I was 4wd, the median would have been my great escape home. Atlanta and snow/ice equals no bueno.

Thanks for any input in advance!

Toreyjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.