Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

A/C Recalibration issue, please help!

Tags
a/c air heat vent
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  zjay 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've been having this issue for awhile now on the 2002 GC and wondered if any others have the same issue and how to solve it.

In the past , I had the blend door failure and I fixed it with the Heater Treater fix from JGCParts. However, one thing I do notice is the constant recalibration that goes on. Normally on GC's, the venting system will recalibrate itself every 20 cycles of the ignition....and that's fine with me.

The thing is on my truck, it happens on almost EVERY SINGLE cycle of the ignition! This proves to be very annoying as the calibration of the system is a creaky and annoying process that lasts about 30-45 seconds.

Have others had this and does anyone know how to fix it so that it goes back to the normal once every 20 cycles?

I've disconnected the battery for a little while to reset, but it still persists.

Any help would be great.

Thanks everyone.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The 04 I just got does this too. I'm looking for the answer also. Seems it's just going to break things sooner by doing this. Without a scan tool, the calibration can be done by pulling the IOD fuse and reinstalling. Maybe there's a power feed dead..... I'll have to see if the atc head can be updated and see what happens this week.

#4 ·
Checked ATC codes today. When I got this Jeep there was a code for Recirc door travel too large. I cleared it because it had recently had blend doors replaced. Well it came back. I'm thinking that maybe when it sees a problem, it will check until it sees things are o.k. again. Too bad cuz I never use recirc or very rarely. I've had a lot of these dashes out over the years, I guess mine will be soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.