Bypass hose from water pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bypass hose from water pump

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Bypass hose from water pump

I called the local auto zone - they did not have this part in stock and said none of their stores carried it. Is this a piece I would have to get directly from the dealer? Any idea on price?

It's the metal hose that comes directly off the water pump to the heater.

image-3848674187.jpg

elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Does it leak?
If not, pull it off, hit it with a steel brush, paint it and replace.
If it leaks, hit up a junk yard, then follow above.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
qualmanj
2000 WJ 

If your that worried about it Orilleys has them. There made by Doorman http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...6484&ppt=C0331
qualmanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew
Does it leak?
If not, pull it off, hit it with a steel brush, paint it and replace.
If it leaks, hit up a junk yard, then follow above.
It's so old and nasty - its legit stuck in there. I put the pump in a press and tried to turn it with a pipe wrench. I weigh 230 and bench 335 and couldn't get it to budge. I figured if it was cheap enough i would get a new one.
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualmanj
If your that worried about it Orilleys has them. There made by Doorman http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...6484&ppt=C0331
No Oriellys down here in south Florida. We have every other parts stores. Thank you for the link. I'll check around in the AM!
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
qualmanj
2000 WJ 

Well anybody who sells doorman parts should be able to get that part number. Check with whom ever sells it.
qualmanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Use some heat, it'll come right out like butter. You can get it from the dealer or from rock auto ($8-10 I think). If you can get it out id clean it up, paint it and use it.

Sent from inside my 4.0.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

You guys were right. I searched by part number and the guy on the phone just didn't look it up right. Advanced auto and autozone both have it. Only $10. It's kind of dingy looking and rusting. Kinda feel like for the $10 I ought to just replace the piece. I hate cutting corners especially on cheap parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.