Bump steer,IRO trackbar question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bump steer,IRO trackbar question

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
w33mud
2006 WK 

Bump steer,IRO trackbar question

Fitted the trackbar & adjusted the length so the axle is centered under the body,I now have bump steer which pulls to the left then centeres again straight away.I removed the trackbar drop bracket which came with the lift but have left in place the drop pitman arm,so my question is the bump steer caused by the bars not being parallel when the suspension compresses or can it be sorted by lengthening or shortening the track bar?
All the front end parts are new( had d/w) thanks.

w33mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
texlurch
2002 WJ 

yep. You need either both the drop bracket and pitman, or neither.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

You don't need either bracket or arm with the adjustable TB. Take both off and just use the TB.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
w33mud
2006 WK 

Thanks,will put the original arm back on aswell,was I right setting the track bar length to center the axle?thanks guys.
w33mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
texlurch
2002 WJ 

yep, center the axle to the vehicle
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.