Build coming soon!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Build coming soon!!!

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
blsjeep
2004 WJ 

Build coming soon!!!

After many long awaited years I have finally pulled the trigger on the lift. First let me tell you I have gone back and forth on which setup I wanted to purchase. Between reading all the posts, the do and do not's, and who offers the most "complete" lift, it has been way over due to make the leap!

My 04 Grand is my daily driver and I did not want to go crazy high, but still wanted to have the aggressiveness that the WJ should have had when it came out of the factory. So the questions between budget boosts, 3", 4" etc... plagued me. I also wanted it to be capable for the occasional trail ride/camping trip so I wouldn't have to tag along in friends' rigs. Over a year ago I picked up a set of 5 JK take-offs with like 500mi on the tires for a sick price ($500) locally. I purchased them with the intention that I was going to lift the Jeep then. Completely overdue!

So today I FINALLY made the purchase. I chose to go with Kolak for the equipment. I must say, I reached out to many interweb suppliers and all had a decent level of customer service but FAILED in comparison to Nick (Kolak). He gave a higher level of customer service than expected and guided me throughout the whole entire setup including recommendations, support and timely responses. The best part of it all was not only was it a higher level of customer service, but I feel as though I got the most complete setup for the price! Setup is as follows...

Kolak "Magic Lift" with some added options:

3" OME HD Springs
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
JKS QD's
JKS Adjustable Track-bar
IRO Rear Links
All 8 Crown Coil Spring Insulators
Addco Rear Sway-bar
Energy greaseable bushings (sway-bar)
Moog HD Trail Boss Steering Stabilizer

I also ordered his Stillen Brake setup for the front and rear which includes the crossed drilled rotors and the Metal Max pads. My brakes are long overdue for a overhaul. Figured do it all at the same time!

Once I have received all of the equipment, I will be starting a very thorough build thread for those of you who are interested in the same or similar setup. My recommendation for anyone with interest in purchasing a lift, scrap the "kit" companies and go with Kolak. You are getting the best equipment, for the best price, with incomparable support and service.

blsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Thats a very popular setup, and a great find on the JK takeoffs. Cheers
You will probably need to trim/bumpstop for those tires.
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.