Brush Guard Mounting Hardware - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brush Guard Mounting Hardware

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Reply
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Brush Guard Mounting Hardware

I'm looking at picking up a used brush guard on Craigslist for my WJ. I'll sand it down and paint it with the spray on truck liner that I've had forever now and do my cladding and bumper covers at the same time. Does anyone know roughly what kind of mounting hardware I'll need? I'm sure I can figure it out, just wondering. Thanks.

Is $100 an alright price? I have no idea what brand. It's just a basic black brush guard.

99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,840
I can depend on manufacturer, but I've come across kits on ebay before.
__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler
 
SteelBlue_WJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 2,141
I bought my WAAG on CL for 90 bucks and it included hardware. where is the hardware? are you sure its not coming with it?
__________________
Bobby

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights


2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Guy said no hardware, I don't know where his Jeep is. He is also selling the matching tail light guards, but I'm not interested. He was asking $130, but he agreed to $100, I was trying to get it for $90.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
I can depend on manufacturer, but I've come across kits on ebay before.
I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
pyre24
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: sterling, illinois
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Guy said no hardware, I don't know where his Jeep is. He is also selling the matching tail light guards, but I'm not interested. He was asking $130, but he agreed to $100, I was trying to get it for $90.
How much was he looking for the taillight guards? I bought my brushguard kit on ebay for 250 and the hardware was just too small so went to farm and fleet and got bigger stronger bolts. It isn't moving.
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyre24 View Post
How much was he looking for the taillight guards? I bought my brushguard kit on ebay for 250 and the hardware was just too small so went to farm and fleet and got bigger stronger bolts. It isn't moving.
I think he was asking $30 for the tail light guards. Do you remember how you mounted the guard on? Can you take some pictures? Thanks.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
pyre24
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: sterling, illinois
Posts: 173
Have you seen the taillight guards? If they look decent get them and ill pay you for them. Hell of a time trying to find any. If I can find instructions I can email them to you. Have to take off grill and bumper cover to put on mounting brackets. 3 bolts, 6 washers, 3 lock washers and 3 nuts each bracket. Then on mine it was 2 bolts and as above for each mount to the guard. Ill take pics tomorrow. Wife had jeep at work.
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyre24 View Post
Have you seen the taillight guards? If they look decent get them and ill pay you for them. Hell of a time trying to find any. If I can find instructions I can email them to you. Have to take off grill and bumper cover to put on mounting brackets. 3 bolts, 6 washers, 3 lock washers and 3 nuts each bracket. Then on mine it was 2 bolts and as above for each mount to the guard. Ill take pics tomorrow. Wife had jeep at work.
Crap, I didn't know I needed mounting brackets. I'll have to find an install kit online somewhere. If you're serious about me getting you the tail light covers PM me your cell phone number. I can send you a picture of them.


*** Edit - I just sent him a text about the tail light guards, I was wrong he's asking $50 for the black ones and $100 for chrome ones. My bad.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
pyre24
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: sterling, illinois
Posts: 173
How is the brushguard? Did he have the brackets you need?
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #11
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
The brush guard was fine, a little surface rust. I'll have to sand it and paint it. I'm going to paint my cladding with the spray on bed liner so I'll paint the brush guard the same color. And no, he didn't have any brackets. I'm still not really sure what I'm going to do there... ?

Let me know when you get the tail light guards.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
mrjaydeeone
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Woodbridge, NJ/Staten Island, NY
Posts: 213
I bought a used brush guard a few years ago and when it arrived the box was kinda busted and guess what hardware was missing. Person I bought it from helped me locate a company that would sell the hardware. I don't remember the price offhand. But if the guard resembles this one you are in luck http://www.truckgeardirect.com/?ITEMID=GJ-801
the company sells the brush guards on ebay also. Shoot me a PM I will give you the person I dealt withs name and email address. Also if you want send me your number. I also have some pics on my phone from when I did the install and of the holes on the brush guard along with measurements when I was buying the hardware to make sure it would be okay. you can compare to yours
__________________
Current 2007 WK Graystone Pearl V8 4.7 limited fully loaded. Current mods Escort 9500 IX tapped into rearview mirror and mounted under mirror with bicycle reflector bracket. 6K HIDs in Lows and 3K HIDs in Fogs
mrjaydeeone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
fosterjd79
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 734
I bought a texas/hunter bull bar to use with the hawkes mount. I never used the hardware, just bar. Not sure if the hardware will work for you. Look into it and let me know if you want it.
fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #14
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
I bought a used brush guard a few years ago and when it arrived the box was kinda busted and guess what hardware was missing. Person I bought it from helped me locate a company that would sell the hardware. I don't remember the price offhand. But if the guard resembles this one you are in luck http://www.truckgeardirect.com/?ITEMID=GJ-801
the company sells the brush guards on ebay also. Shoot me a PM I will give you the person I dealt withs name and email address. Also if you want send me your number. I also have some pics on my phone from when I did the install and of the holes on the brush guard along with measurements when I was buying the hardware to make sure it would be okay. you can compare to yours
PM sent.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #15
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterjd79 View Post
I bought a texas/hunter bull bar to use with the hawkes mount. I never used the hardware, just bar. Not sure if the hardware will work for you. Look into it and let me know if you want it.
I have no idea if that would work. I wouldn't even know where I would be able to find that out.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.