Brakes pulsing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brakes pulsing

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Bill08690
2002 WJ 

Brakes pulsing

My '02 Overland 15K miles has a spot on the front rotors that grabs when the brakes are applied, causing a sensation of pulsing of the brakes. No pedal or steering wheel vibration is felt. My brake shop said that my rotors were probably rusted one time and that the spot that was protected from the rust is working better than the rest of the rotor. I can see the outline of the brake pad on one of my front rotors. Question is what to do about this. My brake shop wants $85.00 to resurface the rotors on the vehicle.

Will this problem correct itself with more use of the brakes? Since it's used for around town travel it does not get many miles of use.

Bill08690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
Astorm

The rotors are most likely warped. Grand's will do that every 15,000 or so. You can go to a local parts store, and buy brand new rotors for about $40 each. I had the same problem, and this solved my problem.

Andy
Flowmaster 50-Series
K&N FIPK/RamIt
Every Option
Astorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill08690
My '02 Overland 15K miles has a spot on the front rotors that grabs when the brakes are applied, causing a sensation of pulsing of the brakes. No pedal or steering wheel vibration is felt. My brake shop said that my rotors were probably rusted one time and that the spot that was protected from the rust is working better than the rest of the rotor. I can see the outline of the brake pad on one of my front rotors. Question is what to do about this. My brake shop wants $85.00 to resurface the rotors on the vehicle.

Will this problem correct itself with more use of the brakes? Since it's used for around town travel it does not get many miles of use.

Bill:
Look in the FAQ section (third row from the top of this forum) there is a post about your problem.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.